View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #402
alidisperanza
Hall Of Fame

Location: The fishy looking thing that sticks off the East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgs View Post
i don't really think it is the multi - basically i play hybrids with mainly shaped polys and the mcs as cross most of the time and i do develop with this set-up considerable spin. i did try some fullbed polys and there was not more spin as compared to the hybrids.
i'm sure that the multi basically prevented the kevlar from sliding and a poly as a cross would have allowed for less friction, but i doubt that i would have liked the feeling of such a combination. in my young years i played very high tensions - 32kg in wooden sticks - but that was with gut. so it's not so much the stiffness of the stringbed that put me off, it's more the lack of response.
Got it. See, I'm the reverse. The muted quality of the kevlar doesn't bother me at all so long as I still get the desired spin. I actually like the sheer neutrality, haha. For some reason when I play with Multi I feel as if the ball is sliding off the strings. Perhaps it's my style of stroke, or it's just in my head but I can't quite get past it.