View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
jason586
Rookie

That is impressive; I really wish I would have played tennis seriously in my younger years to get to that level of play. I fell for golf instead.
The 4.0 guys around here seem to be mostly true 4.0s, but the 4.5s start to be previous (and even some current) college players who are tall and have massive angle advantages over my 5'8" self + years and years of experience with the sport.
I've been playing about 16 months, and my goal was to play quality 4.5 by the end of this year but did not make it. Ultimate goal for myself is to play 5.0, but I have 4 daughters (ages 2, 3.5, 5, 6.5 - 2 lefties and 2 righties); and the the oldest is starting to enjoy tennis. They are at the courts with my wife and I for 10 hours a week; so my efforts, research, and time is being passed on to them.
Your reply reminded me that I really need to get another video recorder that I can set up on a tripod to record myself at the courts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post
Tough question since guys who are by definition 6.0 play 5.0 USTA leagues here.

I played two seasons of 5.0 and there were guys in there who recently graduated DI All Ivy or had ATP points in the past.

Got bumped down to 4.5 from playing injured (stupid pride), but will likely go back up to 5.0 after this season if I play singles.

I have been as high as #3 in Eastern men's open, 100 something national men's open despite my generally crappy showing in tournaments.

I am more of a practice court hero than match player, I can practice with anyone up to low level ATP guys.

There are a couple videos of me floating around, I will try to take another one in the next couple of weeks if my illegitimate brother/son gets over his hangover.

J