View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
dlam
Rookie

Default playing with someone who called his first serve out

Need some feedback.
league match.
playing regular match, whenever Im receiving the serve, if the ball is out I call it loud and immediate.
If the ball is obviously out , for me that is 2 feet or longer I say sometimes say out or not say anything cause if it's really wide/long and I think it's demeaning to yell out when it's obviously out.
For most of the match the calls were fair. He acknowlege the obvious serve out calls woithout me calling it out loud.
Then there was a really fast serve that was so close that I had to return and couldnt be sure, so I play the point.
He appears not to try to play the point and catches the ball after I return over the net and tells me it's out and it's second serve.
I dont say anything.
I think hmmmm, server can't call that serve out. but I dont say anything and he serves second serve.

During the next set, Im serving and there were a few that I felt was perhaps long but he plays it and continue playing those points.
Then I make a purposely super slow serve and the ball looks obviously long to me (for me that 2 feet or more) I sure he's going to say out but he plays it and I dont move.
I call my first serve out.(first time and only time)and he looks at me , I tell him I absolutely sure the ball is out. he thought it was in but and gives me second serve and lets me call it out.
Now that really bother me ,
I dont think either of us should calling our first serve out.
What should I have done.
Im thinking I should not let him call his first serve out in the first set as that made me think I could do it as well.

Last edited by dlam : 12-20-2012 at 08:21 PM.
dlam is offline   Reply With Quote