View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
tennis5
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by andfor View Post
^^^That's your opinion. What facts do you have that show coaches will recruit less due to the changes? Coaches know who they want to watch before they go to a tournament. Players are not discovered by coaches stumbling around a tournament and randomly noticing a rondom kid playing on random court.
Andfor,

Last time, we communicated through Talk Tennis, you said I was Chalk...

Now, while Chalk is a nice guy, he is a pro USTA guy.

Since, about 99.999999999% of my posts are Anti USTA, I am not sure you could confuse us...

Ok, well I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

My opinion is based on personal experience of what I have witnessed at national tournaments.

And if you are reading this whole thread, you can look 1 post up from my original post on this subject, and Chemist wrote the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
100% agree! Dartmouth recruited a girl in our section early this year when she was a 3 star.....
.... This coach went to watch a match of a blue chip at one of the super nationals. Guess what, that blue chip was playing my friend's daughter. Even though she lost the match, the coach was impressed enough to offer her (of course the blue chip as well) a spot on the team. She became a top 30 5 star several months later and may play a higher position than the blue chip in the spring.

So, I would say that was a random kid that the coach looked at in that match. The coach did not have that junior on his or her list.

And I am not Chemist either....

Last edited by tennis5 : 12-20-2012 at 09:34 PM.