View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #35
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis5 View Post
Andfor,

Last time, we communicated through Talk Tennis, you said I was Chalk...

Now, while Chalk is a nice guy, he is a pro USTA guy.

Since, about 99.999999999% of my posts are Anti USTA, I am not sure you could confuse us...

Ok, well I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

My opinion is based on personal experience of what I have witnessed at national tournaments.

And if you are reading this whole thread, you can look 1 post up from my original post on this subject, and Chemist wrote the following:

So, I would say that was a random kid that the coach looked at in that match. The coach did not have that junior on his or her list.

And I am not Chemist either....
In this case, just as I said the coach knew who he was going to watch. And in this case they coach happened to like who his targeted player was playing. So according to you, this will never happen again. I understand where your coming from, but this one-off expample will remain the same under the the new system, one-off, and will still happen.

The USTA while they are very misguided, the sky is not falling and although today is 12/21 the world will not end. College tennis recruiting will continue and on occasion a once unidentified player will be discovered by a college coach who did not know they existed.

Last edited by andfor : 12-21-2012 at 08:08 AM.