View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #20
WildVolley
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridatennisdude View Post
X rays see bones, discs are not bones. If you haven't had an MRI, which sees tissue, you don't know if the disc is busted or not.

Chiros treat symptoms, they don't fix problems. I'd rather be treated by a high school athletic trainer than a chiro. If a chiro makes you feel better, you could probably save a bunch of money by taking an anti inflam and stretching.
How much experience do you have with a Chiro?

I went to a chiropractor after messing up my shoulder from serving too hard. My upper neck/back muscles were locked up, and I was in a state of constant discomfort. The adjustment caused an immediate analgesic effect that was much stronger than taking analgesic drugs, and range of movement was greatly improved.

I don't want to claim I was in some way cured, but the chiropractor had me doing neck traction and posture and shoulder exercises. It took me about six months of rehab to get the shoulder fairly healthy.

The main point is that chiropractor-type adjustment can sometimes have a huge and instantaneous reduction in pain. The immediate drop in pain and increase in range of movement was far greater than I was getting from drugs and without any sort of other unwanted side effects.

I don't believe that all disease can be cured by adjusting the spine, but I now understand why chiropractors can stay in business. People who dismiss the pain reduction possible in some cases don't know what they are talking about.
WildVolley is offline   Reply With Quote