View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #37
Dave M
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akubra View Post
You're absolutely right on the manufacture of the rackets - brain fart on my part (woken up super early by the kids today so I'm still half asleep). I won't claim to know facts, and frankly I don't want to speak on Sven's behalf. I've heard some things from a couple of different places, and won't for a second pretend like I know the absolute of what happened!

I only ever dealt with Sven. He always did the right thing by me and my team. Since the split he has continued to do so. I am not meaning to speak ill of Paul at all - I've never even talked to the guy let alone dealt with him. Honestly I wasn't really thinking about what Sven will do for frames moving forward. It will be interesting! It'd also be interesting to know the truth of what happened between them, but I guess only they will really ever know.
I know those mornings!!!
It's a shame whatever happened happened because Im sure given a decent push over there they would of become (more)popular because it is a very good "old school" product in a time of too much marketing hype,just glad i found them.
I've delt with both over the years having ordered from over there (in the US) when i was there and here for both vantage and angell frames.
I've had more dealings with Paul recently, though as a customer Sven did right by me so no complaints there, it's just a shame it ended the way it did esp with the owner designer having to relaunch to avoid confusion when he had put so many years into his baby.
Hope you manage to get some sleep, it's what i asked for for Christmas!!
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote