View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #30
pc1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _skunk_ View Post
Why this board if sull of trolls.

Stick to facts and not to the "what ifs", "what if" means nothing.

Cannot really understand this typical american attitude where everything there should be the biggest and greatest.
I can understand fans, but facts are facts and the story is made just of facts.

She's a great player, raising always to the top of ther ranks whenever she comes back to play (and this is a problem in my opinion, of course not for her, but for the level of game proposed by ladies)
When i see azarenka and sharapova are n. 1 and 2, i'm horrified, Serena at 50% of her potential trash them with any problem, but to define her the best ever it's clearly an overstatement.
15 slams are not little...... but there are players who won more than her, with better career percentages.

In 20 or 30 year I guess there will be new trolls saying that and XYZ player of 2040 is the greatest and would trash serena with level of game at their pick.
It's called evolution.
This evolution stuff that some posters write about makes no sense to me. Evolution doesn't happen that quickly. I read some posters already writing that Sampras wouldn't be a factor today because of the great progress of the sport aka evolution. I'll believe in the evolution of tennis when we find a player with wings and three feet. Overheads will be easy for this player because he or she can fly and he or she will be faster because this human has three feet. Otherwise I think Bill Tilden (6'2" tall and very slim with excellent speed) from the pre 1920's would be able to adapt and play today.

Last edited by pc1 : 12-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote