View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
Disneos
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJack View Post
Hi Disneos -

Yeah cool. I live in Chicago burbs , and I know from humid ha ha. I stayed away from Gut/Poly for a very long time, out of a fear that it wouldn't last long, or be too expensive. Turns out I was really, really wrong.

2 Frames with TF X1 Biphase = ($17.00 x 2) = $34.00
2 Frames with Babolat Tonic + Polyfibre HiTec = (33+9) = $42.00

I snap X1 at about 6 or so hours of singles. I've never snapped my gut mains, but will restring my whole bed at around 24 hours on a gut/poly setup. So for 8 bucks more, I have something that lasts 4 times longer. And that's just looking at the cost benefits, not even mentioning how much better it plays.

Not trying talk you into something that will take you backwards in terms of arm safety, but there is quite a range in poly stiffness, anywhere from 160's - mid 300's lbs per sq. in. I'm 95% recovered from my 1st ever case of TE, and found that Gut with a soft poly works for me. I have a list of the softer polys in the string section here

Jack
Have you ever used weiscannon dual reality hybrid? Was looking at it an it got some great reviews and seems a lot more affordable, idk just the price tag of buying gut even in hybrid bugs me, if te weiscannon isn't good that what would you say is the best hybrid you can think of for comfort and control without being too low on power?
Disneos is offline   Reply With Quote