View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #92
briianxd
New User

I got the 16g Cyclone Tour and I tested it out in my Volkl PB10 mid stock weight at 52#s and I am comparing it KB PL II 17 at 52#s.
Power of test string=CT is one of the most powerful polys out there. It gave me great pop off the stringbed and it felt like I didn't have to work for my shots.
Feel= This string is very soft with good ball pocketing. Despite being really soft for a poly, it was kind of crisp but not enough for me.
Spin= EXTREME! I loved this string because I got insane spin comapred to the smooth poly I currently use. I especially loved my slice serve and slice groundie. It gave it some a low skidding effect on the ball with great amount of side spin.
Comfort= It felt very comforatable. It gave me nice ball pocketing that helped contribute to soft feeling of it.
Durability= I think it is about average compared to other polys. I can see notching in my sweetspot and I am on my 5th hr on the string.
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)= Playability decreased on the third hour after hitting with heavy spin and power.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)= sprayed a little bit on flat shots, but was still controllable. Perhaps this was due to the lower tension
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) = Would have been better had it been 2 lbs tighter. Controll was lacking at the tension used.
Compare to the string you use most often = kirschbaum proline II had better control and feel but this string won in the other areas.
briianxd is offline   Reply With Quote