View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #93
Brocolt
Rookie

Gauge of playtest string
Tension used for playtest: 16 gauge string at 57Lbs strung on a Gamma lock-out crank I would typically string my polys at 50 I increased tension expecting a soft powerful string

Regular string set up: Always trying diffrent strings bounce bck and forth with multis and Polys

Racquet brand and model used for test: Babolat pure drive gt

Power of test string: 10/10 The power level for a poly was big. I was quite suprised. To much power for the PD. would be great in a softer framed racket

Feel: 8/10 I would compare the feel almost up there with some of the stiffer Multis, Volleys were pleasant with a nice pocketing feel

Spin: 10/10 Loved the amount of spin for the first 5-6 hrs I could swing away and see the ball really crank down on the other side of the net. reminded me of head sonic pro but with more spin:

Comfort 9/10 great for a poly. Definately one of the softer ones I have played. I broke my wrist back in March and I had no issuse with the string.

Durability 7/0 lost tension a little quicker than I would of liked 8 hrs. I think with a softer racket the playability would be longer

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): The first 8 hrs were great just like a brand new car. once the tension started to drop the power level jumped a little more and the control started to be an issue. However they did not get that dead boardy feeling like most polys. There was still a good feel to the strings

Control : I have a big kick serve and these strings made it even bigger. I was able to place the ball anywhere in the box with dramatic results even after the string lost tension . Groundstrokes for the first 8 hrs, reminded me of throwing a wiffle ball. The amount of movment from topspin generated was crazy. My partner had a hard time judging the ball because they would look like they were going to sail into the back drop then just crank down on the baseline. After the honeymoon period (tension drop) I started missing the baseline by a foot. Volleys were spot on

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I would string it at whatever you would string a Multi at. or at least 5lbs heavier than your normal poly .

Compare to the string you use most often: Last poly I had in my racket was Rpm this string was softer more powerful with more spin. Lacked a little in the control

If you have played with the original Cyclone, please compare. I have not played the original

I am a 4.0 40 year old male that plays with my son 4 days a week. This string was a pleasure to try. I am looking to switch to a softer framed racket and I will try this string again. As for the frame I have now (PD) it is a little to powerful for my game.
Brocolt is offline   Reply With Quote