View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
Doubles
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyldore View Post
I haven't seen poly get sawed through, it always does this http://www.grebo.net/~peter/twforum/broken_poly.jpg .

Like I said, I was working on volleys and rallying at 10% with my friends. I just got a new racket and am still getting used to it. I used to play with other non-poly strings but I saw through them in 2 hours regardless of how lightly I hit, so I do need poly.

I responded like that because I don't like to make excuses, especially to random people on the internet. He made a huge assumption about my game based on 20 hours of hitting. What type of hitting? He had no idea, and didn't care to ask before making a rude comment. Even if he was right and I had slow strokes, there was next to no reason to say it, and it derailed this thread.
The point still stands that after 20 hours it's lost more tension than any other kind of string. Whether you're bashing the hell out of the ball (clearly this isn't the case) or hitting volleys, and practicing doubles (I break more strings in doubles than singles, so...) Anyway, if you're using it just for its durability, then you're using poly for the wrong reason.