View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #36
Steve Dykstra
Hall Of Fame

So, in reading this thread, I have learned the following:

1) The Beatles are far and away the greatest band of all time, with only the Rolling Stones coming anywhere close to them.

2) The Beach Boys were a decent band, but no where near The Beatles/The Rolling Stones.

3) Every single other band/musician in the history of time has been/is varying degrees of awful.

4) Every single band/musician since 1980 has written pure crap and are/were completely talentless hacks.

5) There is a clear and definitive way to determine if one band is better than another and that is based on the opinion of our resident music genius, the OP.

6) The OP reached a certain age sometime around 1980 where his brain function started to deteriorate rapidly, and he was no longer able to understand and appreciate newer sounds and music.

7) With each passing year since 1980, the OP has become more and more senile.

Thanks all for the interesting and highly educational read. For the record, I abstained from the vote since both RHCP and REM are great bands. I personally do not care for REM, but I recognize that they have written some good songs. Merry Christmas!
Steve Dykstra is offline   Reply With Quote