View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
justinyyang
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvforty View Post
not bad.. I'd suggest the following -

- technically the video didn't show much.. FH is decent, BH is flawed (armed)... perhaps next time you can show volleys (as important as groundies) and serves (most important)

- to improve, you really need to increase the intensity.. play games/sets, find tougher opponents.... the score is the ultimate judge where/how much you need improvement
My backhand does need a lot of work. I will definitely show more in my next video.

I understand where you're coming from with your second statement. My "better" peers are away at college right now and I don't get to play with them much, only during the summer. I also only play tennis recreationally now. I don't really plan on playing any tournaments anytime soon, however, I don't want my game to deterioate either so I will definitely try to find more hitting partners that are equally as good or even better (preffered) and are willing to play games with me.

The guy that I was hitting with in the video doesn't give me much to work with. He's a powerhead and always go for the winning shot. That's not the point of "rallying" or "practicing" to me. I had to beg him to at least rally with me before I shot the video. He also doesn't like to play games that much either, but he's all I got so I have to deal with it.