View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
Cindysphinx
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Personally it wouldn't bother me a bit, but I am not your husband so my opinion probably doesn't mean much.

Christmas in our household revolves around the kids and other family members kids. We don't get worked up about who gives what to the adults.
Totally.

Sadly, I married into a family of gift givers. In that family, you'd better give a gift whether you can afford one or not.

I, on the other hand, don't like scheduled gift giving. If and when I see something a loved one might like, I buy it and give it. I don't like doing it because a certain day is approaching (Valentine's day, Christmas, Birthdays). When you get a gift from me, you will know it really was because I was thinking of you and the gift will mean something to both of us.

And I especially don't like expensive gifts purchased by my husband out of a sense of obligation that drain our community property bank account.

Cindy -- who received motorized herb storage container last year, who gave it to the Salvation Army, and who had to make up a lie about its whereabouts when the giver inquired about it this year