View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
Cindysphinx
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrainsberger View Post
You'd be correct on that. Just remember if someone doesn't buy concession items your local theatres will not be there in the future. We survive off of concession sales, not admissions. Hollywood survives and profits considerably from the admissions. This is one of the most misunderstood concepts when people ask me questions about this industry.

I understand the economics of your business. I really do.

Still. You are not seriously expecting me to buy Hot Tamales from you for $4.50 a box when I can get them at the drug store next door for $1 and slide them into my purse, are you?

I think movie theaters have reached the tipping point with the snacks. You are going to have to find a new way to bring in revenue because I'm unwilling to pay it anymore.

And . . . Netflix is making it very hard to decide to take the family to a movie. We have a huge TV in the basement, we can make all the popcorn we want, we can pause or rewind, and we don't have some drooling moron next to us talking or texting the whole time. If we don't like the movie, we can dump it and fire up another one. All for the low, low price of $8.00/mo.