View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
ArliHawk
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surecatch View Post
Hey peeps'....I haven't been around in awhile, but it's good to be back. I've been working hard at becoming a better player, even in the face of Michigan winter limitations, etc.

I got tennis shoes for Christmas....Adidas Bercuda. I am generally an Adidas guy and shun Nike for reasons that probably aren't justified, but I figure there is plenty of other brands to pick from, so whatever. I don't like the fit of the Adidas Bercudas I got yesterday...they seem narrow. I've been playing with New Balance 623 shoes, which aren't really tennis specific, but felt very good on my feet from the get-go. I think having your kicks feel good on the court is half the battle, but the other half is to get the benefits of tennis-specific court shoes, and I feel I need them now. So I'm going to return the Adidas Bercudas. Can you guys give me some direction on what to look for? I'm looking for something that is a bit wider, and has good support for high arches. Unfortunately, I'm only in the $60-$70 range at the most. I be poor...haha. I think my wife got these Bercudas for $45 bucks here at the T-Ware'.

I've heard that Asics are great.....I wouldn't mind going in that direction. But whatever I get, I'll likely have to order them from here to use my refund, and I've always been wary of ordering shoes online because it's one thing I insist on trying on.

So point me in the right direction....a bit wider, high arch support. Preferably Adidas, Asics, or New Balance.

TIA, guys.
If you are an adidas guy, try the Feather 2. A little wide for my liking, but great shoes.
ArliHawk is offline   Reply With Quote