View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
nikdom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanRF View Post
With Federer scrapping the IMG run Miami from his 2013 schedule as well as not making an appearance in Abu Dhabi (also IMG run) will he ever play another event run by the sports management firm again?

Interesting to see that Nadal has also left IMG too, and he has also withdrawnfrom Abu Dhabi with a virus.

They are losing big names. Djokovic just signed but what is going on with that organisation?

And do you think Federer skipped Miami because IMG opposed Indian Wells prize money? Maybe he is trying to use his authority to make sure the ATP and IMG don't work against lesser ranked players for their own interests?
Welcome to these boards!

If you can get past the trolling, name calling and general immaturity that goes on with any online community, there are a lot of genuinely interesting tennis topics and scenarios discussed here. Not to speak of the resident stat gurus who can cull up any sort of information to back up their opinions.

I think mainstream tennis writers/bloggers do skim these boards from time to time to keep a finger on the pulse of tennis fans so to speak.

My only request is that however inconsequential it may seem, if you find some original ideas emanating from these boards that you want to use or elaborate on more professionally, please give some passing credit to TW users. I know it seems like a funny request to credit anonymous avatars on a tennis board, but if you find it useful enough, what's the difference if it comes from Pete Bodo or Jonnny123
nikdom is offline   Reply With Quote