View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
maxpotapov
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_2eighty View Post
For me, MB never went 'dead', or if it did, it wasn't in a bad way. It kept its great feel for at least 20 hours, then I stopped counting, and even let it sit dormant for a few months while trying other setups, and now using it again after those other tests came and went, and it still plays great; lively and comfy and still very controllable.

other notable tests:

MSV Co-focus 1.27 was also comfy, but after about 13 hours became too powerful. Focus Hex 1.23, on the other hand, felt lifeless after 5 hours and was never as soft.

Tourna BHB 17 went dead (stiff as a brick) in just 3 matches (about 4.5 hours). It was amazing when fresh though (like many usually are).

Lux ALU 16L seemed to last better than BHB, although stiffer to begin with, but held tension well for at least 9 hours, before control became erratic. There were a couple matches I couldn't seem to miss with this setup.

Currently testing Lux M2 1.25, definitely a softer offering from Luxilon, and enjoyable test so far. Great controlled power, nice spin, and responsive feedback.
Thanks for your input! It's good that I don't have to experiment as much as you did, and just stay with Mosquito Bite. I really like the way it looks and the way it plays, and it's amazing that it did not dent so far. Even though other polys can perform even better when fresh, I don't feel like cutting natural gut out just because poly crosses became lifeless, hard as a brick or too powerful/erratic. And did I mention Mosquito Bite is thin and red?