View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
J011yroger
G.O.A.T.

Send a message via AIM to J011yroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringertom View Post
Below 50 proof, I'm gonna be good comp for you!

The aforementioned brew is made by Parkbrau in Pirmasens, Germany. It is a doppelbock with kick...probably not imported due to its high alcoholic %, taking it into the "malt beverage" category. My intro to it was during Oktoberfest in an outdoor tent on a coolish Palatinate night. It wasn't poured in anything but 1L steins and, as the child is father to man, one wasn't gonna be enough! I'll spare you the details of my rendered behavior as a fifteen-year-old neophyte...funny but not so pretty is as far as I'll go!

Put it on your bucket list to get to the cathedral of good times...Germany during Oktoberfest cannot be duplicated!

BTW, JR...I go way back re: LI tennis scene...my roomie in Port Washington was a teaching pro on the old Phipps estate in Old Westbury and I was thick with Goody Lee who was the Crazy Eddie of tennis goods in the 70's/80's. Any contact with these or other longtimers in Nassau County???
I grew up in Suffolk, but I am sure we know a lot of the same people. I was just a kid but I have heard stories of those crazy times.

J