View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #69
gregor.b
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
Hey Okaythen, I played a set last night and hit exclusively kicks and twists to really fortify a solid serve.

Anyway, all these diagrams and things in this thread are overkill. People here debate nuances that will only cause overthinking on the court.

What I would suggest is getting the toss right. The way to finish, or the way I finish my twist serve is with my racquet face facing in towards me. Jeff Salzenstines youtube video on the "dirty diaper" finish is great for this. Mainly focuses on the kick serve, but you will see that when you mess around with the toss and the angle of attack on the ball you will get a twist. He also shows the proper finish and motion, and a drill to get it locked in.

It's not worth all the diagrams and overthinking. don't worry about that stuff.
Yeah. Apparently there is this thing called 'PRACTICE'. Not too sure if it has much to do with reading and interpreting diagrams though.

If you could learn to play tennis simply by theorising and reading a book athletes would not be the greatest tennis players. Try the 'monkey see monkey do' approach.

Sheesh.