View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:33 AM   #13
batz
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor View Post
I remember you saying that after Murray's lost to Ferrer at the FO and agree in general regarding his improvement of the shot under Lendl but it isn't what bothers me the most about this statement from Gimelstob though as a supposed tennis analyst he should remarked on the improvement from Murray in that regard this year.

What irks me the most is when media heads like Gimelstob say something which they know is outlandish just to generate controversy and get the attention they seek.

Saying Murray's not an elite player is beyond dumb, he became an elite player back in 2008 when he got into top 5, won Cincy and Madrid, reached USO final etc. what changed with him winning USO this year is that he became a hall of famer.

You can't define elite as 3 best people in the world in their chosen profession.
To be honest mate, I wasn't even going to bother to address Gimlestob's statement; wrong as it is - but I thank you for putting it so eloquently. It is a bit of a silly thing for him to say.