View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #49
chatt_town
Hall Of Fame

O I agree with you here. I can see movie theatres as the manager suggested being a thing of the past in say 30 years. By then you will be able to pick up hd T.V for 50 bucks and I'm sure something else will be the in thing but Hd will be standard. Movies will be online. I don't know what that will do for Hollywood because as the manager here said, they are going to find a way to get theirs. I see his point from a manager. I just can't jusify though paying 28 bucks for tickets and then another 17 for bag of popcorn and coke. I think we got out of there with a total of 14 bucks spent because I went early. I only again even go for certain actors or certain movies. This was one of the movies. I've probably seen 3 movies at the theatre this year. Mostly in the summer when I'm also running my lawn service and have a few extra bucks floating around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post
What's interesting is that a lot of people are now saying that it's a vastly superior experience watching sports at home rather than at an arena or coliseum.

Watching a game at home is a great way to save a few hundred, or even a few thousand dollars.

For example in tennis, even at smaller tournaments, you're often going to have a less than ideal view of the action, unless you're in the first row.

If you watch on hdtv, the cameras zoom so close you can count the individual hairs on a player's arm; heck, you can even tell which hairs are longer than the others. Sometimes, on directv, they'll show those slow mo replays and you can damn near see the player's fingerprints!
chatt_town is offline   Reply With Quote