View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
zagor
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
This is exactly how I feel. Federer has good memories of facing Del Potro here, and I think this is the one place where the haunting memories of USO 09 don't really effect him. He feels very confident on this surface against Del Potro, the results show.

Berdych though has become a thorn, and Federer does get unhinged against him. He has ended Federer's semi streaks at both Wimbledon and USO already.
Agree, last time Fed played against Berdman at AO, he was down 2-0 in sets and barely clawed his way back to victory, Berdych then backed up that with wins at Wimbledon and USO (along with wins in several masters, I can't remember now off the top of my head) but each time Fed faced Delpo at AO he beat him pretty easily, Delpo did beat Fed the last two times they played but both of those wins were indoors, a different ballgame compared to slow outdoor HC.

To put it in numbers, if they meet in AO QF I'd probably give Berdych 55-45 or even 60-40 odds to beat Fed while I'd give Fed 70-30 odds to beat Delpo (should they meet in QF obviously).
zagor is offline   Reply With Quote