View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #2929
Blitzball
Semi-Pro

I saw Les Miserables two days ago and I have to say, it's the best musical I've ever seen.

With a star studded cast featuring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter, and Dakota Fanning, I came in with high expectations. Each and every cast member thoroughly impressed me. What was more impressive was the fact that they all sang the songs live instead of voicing over the scenes with pre-recorded songs. And Tom Hooper's style was very evident as the cinematography was wonderful (he also directed The King's Speech). Plus, the story was all new to me as I had never read the play nor seen any other renditions of it. I was beyond compelled by the stories of love, revolution, and redemption in this movie, and at that I highly recommend it to everyone!

Also, I saw Django Unchained yesterday. It might as well be titled Tarantino Unchained because it was pure Tarantino with the big, bold comic texts, gushing blood and gore, and viciously dark humor. Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, and Leonardo DiCaprio are all brilliant, and though the movie is a little too long nearing three hours, it manages to thrill, entertain, and draw in some big laughs (with a few cameos too). Just a word of caution: there is a LOT of profanity, so if you have a child, or if you are a child, you shouldn't let them see it.
Blitzball is offline   Reply With Quote