View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
AlfaAce
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sch View Post
You would be surprised as its fun to use a classic racket in tournaments. Guess if your worried about a ranking then you may want a modern blaster. I loved using the max 200g to play serve volley tennis and played it will all natural at 50 lbs. The sweet spot, feel, and stability is just amazing. Also, this racket was made to last and even the models that have the paint warn off will still play great many years. I have even known some players that played them with major court rash. I prefer to play ones with all the graphite but don't care about the paint job.
The side of the 200G says "John McEnroe recommends 55# string tension" (or something like that). Is it your experience that 50# is better? Of course, nat gut looses about 10# tension pretty quickly then stabilizes for a while. My 200G is calling for some Wilson 17G nat gut ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah19 View Post
Come on guy's ( and gall's),
Let's face it.....WE WANT THIS ICON RE-ISSUED!!!!!
TW, go nag Dunlop into uncovering the dust collecting IMF machines and start moulding a few of these babies!!!
Make it a 85 weighing about 330 gr strung and 6 points headlight.
I second the motion. In fact, I'll even put up some $ if anyone can find an IMF machine. Let's do it!
AlfaAce is offline   Reply With Quote