View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #377
Steve0904
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
If Cena V Rock II does happen, you can 100% guarantee Cena goes over. They won't have the face of the company lose back to back Manias to the same opponent, who quite simply does not need to be put over, because he is already insanely over no matter what. Punk for me deserves a main event spot at Mania, so a triple threat creates a sense of doubt rather certainity for who is the winner. Yes, he has look a bit secondary, but if you think about it, that is more to do with WWE going back to old booking methods from the 80s. Punk is the Randy Savage to Cena's Hogan, and a lot of this has to do with Vince wanting to keep Cena as the top guy. Its about merchandise. The reason why the belt has been on Punk for so long comes from various thoughts put together. The first being they are trying the old school mentality of not hot swapping the title around so much, so when Punk does lose the title, it can help build a new star if possible. Secondly, they saw what long title reigns have done in TNA recently, so they are trying it themselves. Plus, it is simply something that we have not seen in a while.

Yes, this is a tennis forum, but sometimes MichaelNadal and I catch up on wrestling once in a while.
Again good points. I've seen all the thoughts about not hot swapping the titles among other things, including the Cena-Hogan comparisons which are ridiculously obvious anyway. I joined a wrestling forum called wrestlezone in Feb 2012, so I peruse the forums to see the topics and read people's opinions, but I rarely post there. And before that I did the same at a place called 24forums which has since been shut down, so I'm not exactly new to any of this for lack of a better term, even though I don't follow wrestling nearly as much as I used to.

Last edited by Steve0904 : 12-29-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Steve0904 is offline   Reply With Quote