View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
tom4ny
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneumated1 View Post
Hey Tom. Undoubtedly, Dunlop has created a very stable frame and resolved the upper-hoop issues. Having played the frame, I think that the inherent stability would allow me to strip the 1/8" lead and just keep the head tape covering the bumper. Racquet head speed is at a premium, in order to keep up with the lightning response off the stringbed, so the lighter the better, imo. As I stated, the RPM's that I was getting on the ball was impressive.

You're dead on the money with the comparison to the X-295. They're both incredibly stable and crisp for their weights, but I would choose the F 3.0 Tour every day. There's just something about the feel and weight distribution of a Dunlop 300 in the hand that few other racquets can match.

There are still a few more flexible options that I would choose over this F 3.0 Tour at this point, but like you, if I were to give in to the modern trends, this would likely be where I would start. Great frame!

And I just want to state that the M 3.0 is a great frame as well, and I'm not sure if it's stiffer than the Bio. 300 or not. Again, it may be the frame geometry that just exudes different characteristics. Here again, I could hit this one as well, but I would definitely string them looser than these demos.

And while I know that these losses have been painful for you, I have to say thanks to the Giants for keeping my Cowboy's hopes alive. Maybe we can take care of business next week in DC.

Merry Christmas!
well we will find out today if your cowboys make it! both ny teams are horrible this year but the jets have the bigger problems. i was always more of a giants fan going back to the 80's. i am not sure about tony romo being the right qb but i always liked the cowboys too!

i am playing well with the F3.0 no doubt and it is better on defensive shots but i still think that i am staying with my bio 300 tours for now. i just like the very oval head shape and the control. the F3.0 is more powerful. i had been tinkering with lead tape at 2:10 and 3:9 but went back to just covering the dunlop lettering up top. when i tried at 3:12:9 it was too powerful. i also hit again with the frame stock and probably would be fine in most cases just going this route. on my bio 300 tours the lead is needed, on the F3.0 it is not needed.

they supposedly are coming out with an F3.0 classic with the new materials but the older headshape and frame. i will probably wait and try that one as well.

i have 2 bio 300's and they feel a little stiffer than my bio 300 tours so it looks like they continued that trend with the new line. i could play with the bio 300 but prefer the 18x20 stringbed and the slightly softer feeling of the tour version.

happy new year
tom4ny is offline   Reply With Quote