View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #4764
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstchur View Post
I've loathed every Prince I've ever tried with O ports. I know a lot of folks that used to use the T-7 moved to the Prince OZone Tour (specs are nearly identical, but most people thought the Prince was better). But I demo'd it and thought it was a miserable frame.

I also demoed the Exo Tour (don't remember which pattern) but hated that as well. It was strung w/ a poly though, and I also hate polys.

But I don't even like demoing anymore. The T-7 is the first time ever that, when I lose, I don't even consider questioning the racquet. I just know it's the ideal racquet for my style of play. I don't see myself switching anytime soon. I have 7 of them and a boat load of replacement grommet sets for them.
The Exo Tour is a unique frame. I hated the 18x20 but the 16x18 is good enough for me. I'm having problems with my forehand lately using it but it could be due to the new strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotobaka View Post
Mike, are you playing with the original grip? I've been wondering how it would play with a leather grip or leather grip+over-grip. Might be the perfect addition.
I bought 3 stock Exos a few months ago. A few weeks ago, I bought a used one with a leather grip and lead tape. I tried it out but did not like the balance. So I ordered a new replacement grip from TW, ripped off the lead tape and played with the leather grip a few times while I waited for it to come in. It plays better for me stock with no customization.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote