Thread: Angell Sport!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #197
topspinlob
Rookie

so I bought a Vantage off fleabay with these specs.

model - vt 321 red
310 grams / 320 mm balance
100 sq inch head
16 x 19 string pattern
63 ra
grip 4 3/8 leather (wilson)

I was able to add a boatload of lead to the bottom of the throat to get it to around 346 grams and 6 pts HL with a TW leather grip (thin one) and Wilson Sensation Overgrip. I typically like the Prince shape. I was trying to match the specs I would get for and Angell racket. I think the only thing I would change is I would step down in grip size to L2.

The spin and plow is great on the Vantage. I think it matches up with my current racket (Prince EXO3 Graphite 100). I like thin beams and I wasn't sure if I was going to like the 21mm beam width and "D" shape beam profile. I really like it on the serve. I get more power and feel with the vantage. I still get the same topspin on groundstrokes and the serve. The tell-tale sign I really like the racket is that I was able to hit my OHBH for winners and passing shots.

Anyhow I would really like to buy two of the Angellrackets ($175) but it's too expensive for me right now. I was thinking of buying and getting the red vantage to spec.. oh well.. but in final vantage/angell rackets are great...
topspinlob is offline   Reply With Quote