View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #153
pc1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
I agree.I watched very little of Bueno, and she was past her peak and , of course, never had the chance to see lenglen and Mo.But these 3 women are, talent wise, as good as any other who ever played the game.

As for those I watched, I agree Hingis,Mandlikova and Cawley being megatalented and probably better than women with a better record than them.Of thsoe 3, Hingis was clearly the toughest menthally and she could have been the best ever with a bit of strength and consistency ( she owned Graf at that 1999 RG final till the umpire spoiled it all).

Evonne wss like a fairy playing tennis.You would be not human if you ever rooted agaainst her, even if she played your favourite player...and Hana, well, if I was a woman ( or being a man, for that matter) and wanted to play tennis, IŽd like to play exactly the way I have seen Hana on those rare ocassions she gave her 100%
Evonne seemed to be the happiest player I've ever saw. She just floated on the court and just casually seemed to make the most ridiculous shots.
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote