View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #57
Momotennis
New User

I have been playing in USTA League for 2 and 1/2 seasons now in SoCal. The NTPR system seems to work pretty well in my area. Perhaps the current system works best when there is a larger pool of players, as I assume we have here in SoCal.

I am 53. I had no tennis experience when I started hitting 2 and 1/2 years ago. I self rated at 3.0, because I was a pretty good athlete back in the day. I was fortunate to pick up the game quickly and played in a Nationals my first half season. I did not lose a match that first year until the Nationals. I was bumped to 3.5B.

There was super tough competition in my first full season at 3.5, so I was just over .500, but I had some wins against strong players. I am sure my dynamic rating inproved throughout that year. I was probably inching close to 4.0 by season's end.

This year my record was about 40 and 4. A couple losses were tie breaks to top players. I was in 2 Sectionals this year. And, I start next year at 4.0B.

The players that moved up in my area all should have been bumped. The players that stayed down should have. The system seems to work very well in my area.

Mike
Momotennis is offline   Reply With Quote