View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #154
powerangle
Hall Of Fame

Personally for me, Serena would have to win 25 singles major to be considered the greatest. Not because I believe Court's 24 majors necessarily holds a lot of weight....but that way, at least Serena would be leading in one significant objective category (aside from H2H), even though she'd be lacking in other objective categories (weeks @#1, total number of titles, etc). Subjectively her game may be the greatest ever...but if she can reach that magical number of 25 for slam titles, she'd be the greatest for me.

If Serena "only" reaches 18 majors, or 20 majors...then she still wouldn't be leading any objective category (even though her game may be most dominating). And I'm using the slam titles as the objective category for her, since that's the one she's most likely to achieve. Any other objective category is impossible for her reach at this point, while there is a very slight chance she can still manage the singles majors record.

It's a stretch at this point to say she will reach 25. It's doable, but quite a stretch. Let's see what the next few years bring.

Last edited by powerangle : 01-01-2013 at 01:39 AM.
powerangle is offline   Reply With Quote