View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
Vlad_C
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
I think I may have similar problems as you too?

I don't think there's anything wrong with my achilles or foot in general, as in there's no loss in explosiveness. But it hurts like hell after I've shut down. I come home to a meticulous icing routine and it's fine the next day. But once I play and shut down, it hurts like a mofo.

I got sick of it so I decided to rest it for a few weeks.
I've had the same problem for almost 6 months now. During the summer, I kept playing through the pain, and only made it worse and delayed the recovery.
I have not played for 3 month now due to the weather, and only now my foot feels like is starting to come back to a normal pain free state. I will not play for another 4 months, hopefully I'll recover fully by summer.

I also tried every insole I could find, and most of them did not help much. Many of them actually made it worse. The only two insoles that helped somewhat were one that had a ridiculous amount of foam cushioning, and a second one that had an adjustable arch strike point.
Dress leather shoes with hard outsoles and poor arch support are also a big no-no.