View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
yonexRx32
Rookie

I think you just proved my point with his quote. Moreover, just because a company says it included D3O (or g8e or h5n) in a racket it doesn't mean it's there. The consumer would have no way to verify it.

"Does D3O "work"? Hell yeah."

How do you know? Just because it says so on wikipedia? I have news for you, the wikipedia page to which you are referring was written by the same company that is marketing the material. It is a small piece of propaganda for their own purpose.

Do you also think the biomimetic paintjob on Dunlop works? At least you could check the veracity of their claims.
1) Take two biomimetic rackets of the same weight.
2) Strip the paint job of one of them and apply a primer to even the weights
3) Climb to the top of a 3 story building and let them drop.
4) Ask someone at the base of the building to record which one gets there first.

If there is a significant improvement in racket speed, you should be able to see the one with the biomimetic paint hit first. My bet is that you won't. You might if you drop it out of an airplane at 30,000 feet, but not if the racket travels at the speed it does during a tennis game.

Bottom line: Just because a company claims something cool, it doesn't make it true, nor does it make it false. Some of the claims can be easily disproved or checked. Others not so much. Vacuous statements such as"There is tremendous research that goes into" and "I held it in my hands and I can it does what company X claims" "we work with many customers to make them understand" do not add to the conversation nor do they provide arguments for whatever point the author of such statements wants to make.
yonexRx32 is offline   Reply With Quote