View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #104
jason n
New User

Gauge of playtest string; 17g
Tension used for playtest; I usually string mid to high 40's but i strung this at 52
Regular string set up; Beast xp mains and nxt control crosses
Racquet brand and model used for test; Aerogel 4d 300 tour
Power of test string; This string had nice pop and can easily send the ball flying long. Maybe a couple pounds tighter and it would be a bit more playable.
Feel; not to stiff and not to mushy, a little unresponsive.
Spin; provided a good amount of spin. My forehand is kind of flat but i could notice on my backhand slice and topspin that it had very good spin.
Comfort; played for 3 hours and had no elbow pain and it had good comfort
Durability; strings showed no sign of grove marks
Playability Duration; strings played with good power and good spin for the 3 hours i played. no noticeable difference in the string from start to finish
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) it had good control partly due to the good amount of spin that could be generated. Flatter shots were a little more difficult with fast swings.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I would go 2-3 pounds tighter to get a little less power so i could have more control.
Compare to the string you use most often; These strings have more power and about the same amount of spin and less control than my current strings.
If you have played with the original Cyclone, please compare. Never played with before.

Thanks TW!
jason n is offline   Reply With Quote