View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #32
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC9670 View Post
Probably true, but those few instances stick with people, so it gets blown up.

I've only seen one match really decided by cheating so far. Two 12U kids (not mine) were playing a 3rd set tie breaker in a semi. It was a great battle - close and down to the wire. I was on a deck overlooking one baseline and the kid on my side followed an approach to the net and got lobbed. Great lob, landed just inside the line and left a nice mark on the HarTru. The kid chasing it down called it out and swiped his foot over the mark. The other kid couldn't see where it landed as his view was obstructed by his opponents body.

The worst part was, the cheater's parents were cheering the win wildly (sitting near me with the same vantage point) and the lobbers mom was yelling at him for letting it happen. Should have been the other way around.
We've all witnessed ugly moments at the tennis courts and I've got more than one story. For every one horror story I'd say there's about 100 matches that go down with little to no incident.