View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #109
133bp004
New User

Gauge of playtest string: 17 gauge

Tension used for playtest: 57/54lb

Regular string set up: MSV FOCUS Hex 17@ 53/50lb

Racquet brand and model used for test: Becker London MP

Power of test string: I felt the string was fairly powerful for a poly. After reading the TW review I decided to string 4lbs higher and this worked out well. I liked the additional power I got from the string.

Feel: I really enjoy the feel of softer polys and this string did not disappoint. One of the better feeling polys Iíve tried.

Spin: Spin was the one area I was hoping would be better. For being marketed as a spin string, I didnít feel it provided any more than regular Cyclone and was less than MSV Focus Hex.

Comfort: Excellent, definitely on the softer side. I believe this Volkl should be marketing the comfort of the string. Very easy on my arm, even at the higher tension.

Durability: It seems to be holding up fairly well, but I havenít had a chance to put many hours on it yet.

Playability Duration: An area of possible concern, it softened up noticeably after initial play.

Control: I thought the control was good, but again I strung it up a few lbs higher than usual, so that helped. With the noticeable loss in tension and the softness of the string I would definitely recommend stringing higher than normal.

Tension recommendations: 3-5lbs higher than usual for poly.

Compare to the string you use most often:
I liked the feel and comfort better than MVS Focus Hex, but felt it had much less spin potential and a bit less control.

If you have played with the original Cyclone, please compare:
Cyclone Tour is more lively and powerful than original Cyclone, however, with less control and spin potential. Overall I would give the edge to original Cyclone.
133bp004 is offline   Reply With Quote