Analysis of Top 10 ITF Junior Circuit players from 1996 – 2005 who
achieved a Top 100 ATP Tour rank in their career, indicated:
(1) 58% of players who achieved a Top 10 ITF Junior rank between
1996-2005 achieved a career high Top 100 ATP Tour Rank.
(2) First ITF Pro Circuit rank achieved at 17.6 years.
(3) Transition time from first year-end rank to Top 100 ATP Tour of 4.3
years at an age of 20.8 years.
(4) Highest ATP Tour rank achieved approximately two years after
entering ATP Tour Top 100 at 23.0 years with an average of 3.7 years
inside Top 100 rank.
(5) Players competed in 36 ITF Junior Circuit events and participated in
110 matches between age 14-18 years.
(6) Players competed in 41 ITF Pro Circuit / ATP Tour events and
participated in 84 matches between age 15 – 18 years.
(7) Career W:L Ratio of 1.6:1 on ATP Tour, 1.9:1 on the ITF Pro Circuit and
3.3:1 on the ITF Junior Circuit.
The ranking benchmarks from Table 5 could be used as an indicator
prior to a Top 100 ATP Tour ranking