View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #114
KoolTennisKid
New User

Gauge of playtest string-16g
Tension used for playtest-62lbs
Regular string set up-luxilon 4g 62lbs
Racquet brand and model used for test-wilson prostaff six one 95 modded
Power of test string-this string was up there with some of the more powerful polys ive played with, i felt like i had to swing a little slower with this because of that power, in turn making me less aggressive in games.
Feel-this string was pretty springy even on the first hitting i had with it, feel was okay nothing too good or too bad just enough to help me at the net and with my terribly awful slices
Spin-this is the one area of the string that does very well, though i did say earlier that i had to swing slower because of the power of the string, i really didnt have to swing any harder beacause i just let the weight of the racket follow me through, so groundstrokes were very solid and nice, just serves were throwing me off because of the power
Comfort-very comfortable, i'd say its also up there with some of the more comfortable strings ive tried, no elbow problems here at all
Durability-i normally dont break polys because i usually cut them out right after they die, but one thing i did notice was a fair bit of notching towards the end of my time playing with the strings
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)-not so strong here, the first time i hit with it, it was a tiny bit springy but i did read the TW review and they said to string higher but i didnt, so that was expected, after the first hitting (which was about 3 hrs), the string felt more and more springy after each hitting, so this isnt the strings strong suit, in total i'd say i played a little less than 13 hours with this string
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)-there was a clear loss of control for me on my serves for some reason, so felt like i had to back off a bit on my serves and just try to be more consistent, this string really didnt give me the confidence i usually have with my usual string, which just lets me rip at the ball, i always felt like the ball was going to go out on really hard shots from the baseline so slowing down the swing was my strategy during the playtest
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)-for me about 5lbs. so i can compensate for the slight springyness of the string, and i usually like a stiffer feeling stringbed because it makes me feel like i can swing harder at the ball
Compare to the string you use most often-this and lux 4g are two completly different strings, the lux was better in everything else except for power and spin
If you have played with the original Cyclone, please compare- sorry but i have not played with the original cyclone, but i do plan on trying a set of it on the near future
Thank you TW and Volkl for the chance to be in this playtest, and sorry for being late AGAIN, schoolwork over this winter break has been heavy, thanks once again!!