View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
Chotobaka
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceD View Post
I read you sig and hope that you have recovered and are playing again!
I had become confined to a wheelchair, ( I really HATE that word, confined!) in 2000, and only since last May,, have I decided to get back into the gae! I started teaching kids in my neighborhood, how to play and gave most of them their 1st racquets, too!
Call it a "message for God, or a small stroke (haha) but one day it just came to me.."I should get some cheap racquets on **** and show these kids how to have FUN!"
i just got a Fischer Mag Tour UL from an **** seller, for $16.50 and he also included a Head Liquidmetal 5, for FREE!
I have afischer M-Pro 98 334 gm version, which is not powerfull enough for me now, since I use a sports w/c and have found that bigger frames are better, now.
I stll like to BELT IT, but you can generate as much "easy power" sitting down.
I HAVE been finding other solutions, too. Check out my other posts, especially the "Frankenstring" one!
hope you are back to participating in the sport we all love!
What a great find! If that M-Pro 98 is underpowered you might try the M Speed 105. The 16x19 pattern in the bigger frame make spin and power a bit easier, but amazingly it really does feel so similar to the 98 in character. Another good one, although it is 27.5, is the M Speed or Black Granite Rally. It's a 102 with more pop. Different, but good it its own way. And, it is still a Fischer. Keep on keeping on, man.
Chotobaka is offline   Reply With Quote