Originally Posted by tennisdad65
1) use a low powered very flexible racquet, great for your arms and control
2) use full natural gut at low tensions, to give you power and great for your arms
3) get the best shoes and insoles on the market
4) play on clay or grass more..
5) play more doubles, hit against the wall, ball machine , light rallying, drills etc.. i.e. have fun.. Playing competitive matches is very hard on the body..
6) massage the major joints and muscles in your body daily like me
Great list tennis dad; let me add one more: lose that excess weight (that you probably gained from T'giving through Jan. 1). It's amazing how much losing just five pounds will help those knees, and other joints.