View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Disneos
New User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
First of all, it helps if you've got punctuation here and there. Good god, my eyes hurt. A paragraph is a paragraph, not an entire sentence.

I hope I can understand you and help. After an eyesore of a read, it sounds like you are lacking significant internal rotation of the shoulder. The "arm-behind-the-back" is a good indicator of internal rotation of the rotator cuff. The further up you can slide your hand up, the more range of motion you have.

Use a towel with your off-hand, and grip the towel with the hand behind your back, and slowly use your off-hand to pull the arm behind your back up.

Your shoulder maybe mechanically sound, and you claim to have shoulder problems despite the lack of structural damage. It sounds like there is significant muscle imbalance. Uneven tightness within a joint can cause a lot of stress.

So, there are two things for you to do, stretch your internal rotators, followed by punctuation.
In regard to the towel stretch how should it feel and how should my right arm look during the stretch been trying it, but when i pull up its very tight, wont go straight along my back and a little painful. Is this normal for right now and will it improve with time? If you have any links to videos or pictures I'd appreciate it a lot .
Disneos is offline   Reply With Quote