View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #93
Soianka
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ismom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPkVnPBWfY
Here is a part of that match. I think everyone agrees that Sloan shouldn't be bothered by this. The in your face fist pump might have looked better if it's not toward the opponent IMO.
It's a grow up, learning moment for Stephens.

I think she expected Serena would go easy on her because they are friends or friendly.

Sloane has faced louder and more frequent "come on's" in her "face" by Maria Sharapova and others and I don't recall her ever commenting on them.

Watching her pow wow with her coach, it was just obvious that Sloane didn't listen to a word he said about strategy. She was fuming over Serena saying "come on" literally maybe once or twice at that point in the match (end of first set)

I realize there are lots of people who criticize Serena for whatever she does (and let other players get away with more and worse)...I am sure Serena is used to it and doesn't let it bother her one bit.

One bit of caution for Sloane though, she doesn't want to get on Serena's **** list and end up getting Maria Sharapova'd from here on out.

As for the clip, Sloane complained about the "come on's" after the end of the first set well before the "come on" in the clip which happened toward the end of the 2nd set.

Sloane comes off very amateurish and juvenile with these remarks to her coach and then loudly commenting again on court about "disrespectful"

Sloane only made herself look bad.