View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #7553
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC View Post
I think Isco deserves to be at a club where he'll get regular playing time, not at Chelsea where he'll have to compete with all the players you mentioned for a spot at the #10 position. If he came, it would probably be harder to keep a starting spot in Chelsea's midfield than Spain's midfield. He should go to a club like Arsenal or Swansea that would play him every week, or even a club like Newcastle could use him.

Yeah you're right it would have to be over the summer for Benat, and by that time he'll be 27 and that seems a little old for the cash Betis will demand for him. I'd prefer someone a tad younger who could provide some steel to the midfield who can sit deep with Luiz and make that deep pass, make a run forward, break up the opposition, or bring the match to a standstill. He could tag-team with Luiz to make runs forward or attack. Like a combination of Mascherano, Pirlo and Fabregas. Although I fear that a player of that statue probably doesn't exist, and if he does, his club aren't willing to sell him.
Isco does deserve to play regularly, i'm sure he will have his pick of where to go in the summer. I know Man City want him, he'd be an upgrade on Nasri for sure. Man Utd could use him, with Kagawa not really hitting it off and a replacement for Scholes still needed. I could see him at Barcelona or Real Madrid too, getting alot of playing time.

You're right about Benat's age, he's a bit of a late developer. He is more of a deep lying playmaker though, that's usually a position where it takes a long time to master, but they usually get better with age and play for longer. Pirlo is probably better than he's ever been these days, even though his legs are pretty much gone someone who can orchestrate things and get the ball to the players who can do damage is something priceless. I'm not saying Benat is the one to do that, but it's probably one of the only positions I wouldn't be too worried about going for someone older. Who knows, maybe Modric will be available if their new manager in the summer doesn't fancy him
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote