View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #32
Mick3391
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
No problem Mick. At least half the posts I've made here have been under the influence of LOTS of beer.

But I'm absolutely sober now, and do agree that of all the factors involved in becoming the best player one can become, the most important are the internal and internalized ones. I bolded and italicized "internalized" because I think that at least some of the good inside stuff can be learned from practicing things communicated by insightful teachers.
I understand, but I'm telling you if you and I both hit a wall things would be very close, the difference is my MENTAL transference to my body, that's all.

I am into science, but also faith, my faith says we are made in God's image, and one of those traits I've studied is man, among all creatures, creativity. In other words, knowledge is one thing, creativity CREATES KNOWLEDGE, something unique to man.

So maybe I had the disavantage of not really being taught, as I said before, kids today aren't really "taught" computers, but my son can outdue me, maybe we are more open younger? I don't know.

Anyways God bless, next time you play think of me, that I NEVER think of what I'm going to do, TRY IT, you have nothing to lose, you may be surprised if you mentally inject CONFIDENCE for "Do this", that you will do a shot that you look back on and say "Wow, I did that". This proves my point I think.