View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #30
COPEY
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbind View Post
Does the stringer grab another pack off the shelf and start over? Do I go buy another set and string 5 lbs less?

Reality is I'll accept any loss if needed based on the Reasonable Man Theory. I have not had a stringer break my strings while stringing. I have not broken my strings strung at 70 now and been on the stick for a few weeks.

The point of my post is not to assign liability but to have a REFERENCE for what is deemed the maximum suggested tension of Wilson natural gut 16 and 17 gauge. Not an outlandish thing.
So you'll accept any loss if needed based on the Reasonable Man Theory. You have not had a stringer break your strings while stringing. You have not broken your strings strung at 70 now and they've been on the stick for a few weeks.

But...if a string has no max recommended tension listed on the package (like Wilson) and you string at 70, and the string breaks -- you don't understand what happens as a result. Does the stringer grab another pack off the shelf and start over? Do you buy another set and string 5 lbs less?

From your op: The stringer is a really nice guy and let him know I wanted it strung at 70. He was apprehensive and said, unless he accidentally nicks the string, if it breaks while stringing I'd eat the loss. Very reasonable

However, the point of your post(s) is not to assign liability, but to have a REFERENCE for what is deemed the maximum suggested tension of Wilson natural gut 16 and 17 gauge.

Nope, not outlandish at all. It all makes perfect sense now.

Last edited by COPEY : 01-07-2013 at 05:13 AM.
COPEY is offline   Reply With Quote