View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #648
maxpower
New User

I have been using the psl since 2008. I have felt improvements in my game over the years. However in the past month I have felt like I have taken a large step in my game.

I'm not sure what I can attribute it to. I feel like my last string job is the main change in anything I normally do. I accidentally measured out and cut synthetic gut instead of poly for the mains so I just went ahead and strung it full synthetic gut. But I used 2 different strings..gamma challenger 17g for the mains and Wilson stamina 17g for the crosses.

In the past year I bought a pair of Dunlop aerogel 4d 200 and while I do like them, my PSLs are still my goto stick.

I initially played it stock but eventually added lead. This helped me advance my game. But after maybe a year I decided to go back to stock. I even went as far as ditching the over grip in favor of the bare leather grip. I also replaced my dampener with a rubber band to get the PSL as close to original specs as possible. Again I made improvements in my game.

I've been reading this thread for a few years...I hope the live for this racquet continues...
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote