View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #124
BMC9670
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 View Post
What do we have here are families with no older brothers, but sisters or 8-10 year olds boys or girls with helicopter parents. The only parent who has older brothers did a report on weapons by age 12 and the teacher freaked then posted a poll on how neat it is to own a flamethower on a tennis message board,,,,,great. People, boys and girls by 6th grade age 11 or older almost all have internet phones. They download war games from itunes for free. The ones with older brothers almost all have been exposed to black ops or similar military style games. I am trying to channel my kids towards tennis so i will get less of this only to find Babolat ads embracing it, thats all, why is that so hard to understand?

Can't wait for TCF to come in here and turn this whole debate upside down.
No, sorry. You're just generalizing too much. I'm the youngest of 5 boys. I get that in a big way. My kids have tons of older cousins, uncles, friends, etc around. We just don't have a violent culture in our family and yes, I'm protective of it outside the family. MANY families just don't allow it at ANY age. I know plenty of them. I'm not a helicopter parent. My kids have plenty of freedoms. But any parent with young kids should know what they're kids are exposed to.

Last edited by BMC9670 : 01-08-2013 at 05:03 AM.