View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #654
KenC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post
How about the cheaper gut? Like the $30 packs on TW? Would those be ok? I am not a stringer breaker by any means, hit a flat game. Like Klip Legend?

Kind of sucks too, I spent my last set of NRG2 on my PDR right before I got this pair...

I still have a couple sets of NXT and Donnay Multi. though, think those would work?
The best thing for you as a non string breaker is to eventually put in a good quality gut and play with them until they break. You can try the cheaper guts but they might not be the same quality as VS and thus last less. You might just get the biggest bang for your buck with VS as it is very durable.

Why not put the NXT or Donnay strings in? Maybe go for about 52-53 lbs and see how they play. Over time when they start to behave strangely cut them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYone View Post
Does anyone string their PS Ltds at 50 or lower tension? If so, what strings and what's your observations in the playage with that setup? Sorry if already stated here, too much backreading.

I've tried with RPM 16 at 58 and it played well for a few sets then went dead and everything sailed. I've also tried with NRG 18 at 58-59, which played pretty well. I'm eager to go pretty low with a thin multi and try to increase dwell time, but worried about control and sailing factor. Please let me know your views. Thank you.
I used a full multi at 50/48 with the PSLGT. Great control, more power, very arm friendly.